What would I do as a PICNIC parent?
PICNIC parents will learn the ins and outs of infant and child feeding, to demonstrate and pass this information on, assisting other parents in their feeding journey. We know new parents have a lot on their plate, so we’re mindful to not make the PICNIC parent role too time consuming. You will be involved with PICNIC for 12 months. Over this time you will be supported with all your bubs nutrition and feeding information needs by the PICNIC team of Accredited Practising dietitians and child feeding experts.
PICNIC parents will:
- Attend a 2-hour workshop on nutrition and feeding with the research team. We’ll discuss your feeding now and what to expect in the future, We’ll show you how to find all the information you need and link you up with the FACEBOOK closed group where you can access feeding messages, chatter and continuing education.
- Fill in surveys: PICNIC is a research project, so we need to show that PICNIC makes a difference. To do this we will need you and a friend or two to fill out a couple of surveys three times over 12 months. This will take under half an hour on each occasion.
- Get in touch with the research team when you need feeding help or your friends do. (our team are child feeding experts!)
- Share feeding and nutrition information with other parents over the next year and beyond (how this happens is up to you!)
- Enjoy the experience of your child learning to eat and appreciate a variety of foods.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, click Join PICNIC below and join the team!