PICNIC parents will learn the ins and outs of infant and child feeding, to demonstrate and pass this information on, assisting other parents in their feeding journey.
We know new parents have a lot on their plate, so we’re mindful to not make the PICNIC parent role too time consuming.
PICNIC parents will:
- Attend a workshop on nutrition and child feeding with the research team. Here we’ll show you around the PICNIC website and research portal page. This is where your feeding messages will be kept for you to share on social media and by other means
- Provide feedback: as this is a new program being tested for the first time, we’ll need you to provide feedback on your experiences. This will help us to provide the best program possible to assist parents to feed children well
- Fill in surveys: ask a couple of friends you share information with to fill in a couple of surveys over a year to see whether PICNIC is helping. We’ll be offering incentives as well
- Share feeding and nutrition information with other parents over the next year and beyond (how this happens is up to you!)
- Enjoy the experience of your child learning to eat and appreciate a variety of foods.